The Humana Community Center in the Evergreen Plaza hosted a Vietnam veterans commemoration ceremony on Nov. 8 in which 42 veterans received an honorary pin recognizing their service. Members of the Chicago State University Color Guard presented the veterans with their mementos. Luke Evans, of Humana Market Operations, is a U.S. Navy veteran, and he thanked veterans for their sacrifices. According to Humana, any veteran who was on active duty during the Vietnam War—from Nov. 1, 1955, to May 15, 1975, regardless of duty location—was eligible to be honored. The ceremony was part of the Congressionally authorized Vietnam War Commemoration Initiative, which was established by the U.S. Department of Defense. (Review photos)
- Colts football feeling ‘Super’
- Burger King crown shines after apology
- Caravan dominates at NIU stadium
- MG Gold wins first Turkey title at St. Cajetan
- St. Rita’s Nolan picks Marquette
- Gottardo retires after 26-year library career
- Badali goes over 1,000 points for Macs
- Mt. Greenwood Holiday Stroll to offer family fun, bargains
- Two-point stop lifts Vikings to Prep Bowl win
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our news updates? Signup today!