The newly chartered Rotary Club of Beverly, Morgan Park and Mt. Greenwood completed its first community project on July 2 by volunteering at the Edna White Community Garden, 1850 W. Monterey Ave. Members said they chose the garden because it is a local space that promotes peace, tranquility and unity—and also enables people to socially distance. “Our club members even learned more about one another during our time in the garden,” said Rotary Club member Jason Dugan. “All of those elements align with what our club has set out to promote.” Members praised Morgan Park resident Kathy Figel for her work as director of the garden. The Rotary Club of Beverly, Morgan Park and Mt. Greenwood earned its charter on June 11, and members are working to increase membership. In mid-July, they joined other Rotary Club members in the Chicago area to feed 1,000 families in the Englewood neighborhood. Local members said future projects will address a variety of needs, locally and outside the community. For more information, visit the Facebook page for the Rotary Club of Beverly, Morgan Park and Mt. Greenwood.
- ‘Coach Roche’ remembered as huge sports fan
- Marist’s Murrihy transfers to DePaul
- Gardner named new hoops coach at MPHS
- Divvy coming to neighborhood
- Bucketz Game Zone hosts grand opening
- Beverly Ridge Funeral Home family welcomes third generation
- Sekulski ready for 100th birthday
- IHSA announces major schedule changes to athletic calendar
- St. Rita hosts meet featuring local athletes
- Marist alum mourned after accident on Pulaski
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our news updates? Signup today!