St. John Fisher quarterback Owen Winters (third from left) was named the Southside Catholic Conference Conner Lowry Award winner for the 2019 season. Coaches in the conference nominated players who embody Lowry’s character, including a passion and commitment to the game. A 2002 St. John Fisher and 2006 Br. Rice grad, Lowry was killed during combat operations in Afghanistan in 2012. Other nominees include (from left) St. John Fisher’s Tommy Sheerin, St. Catherine’s Michael DeMatteo, St. Christina’s Nolan Ryan, St. Michael’s Matthew Markett and St. Cajetan’s Ryan Hartz. (Review photo)
- Local schools earn top CPS rating for quality
- Marist wins Super, eyes three-peat
- Lausch helps power Br. Rice ground game
- Christ the King drops Gold Ball title game
- O’Brien’s INT helps spark Mt. Carmel
- AndySunflower Cafe opens
- Officials close auto repair shop in Morgan Park
- Flood, USMC vet, mourned after tragic accident
- Buckeyes win Southside Catholic 7th-grade title
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our news updates? Signup today!