Lake Katherine Nature Center & Botanic Gardens, 7402 W. Lake Katherine Dr., in Palos Heights, will host its Monarch Butterfly Festival on Sunday, Sept.15, at 11 a.m. As they walk through a butterfly tent, families will experience monarchs close up. Other attractions will include an art and crafts fair, hayrides, face painting, scarecrow making, book readings, canoe and kayak rentals, live animals, children’s games and food vendors. Tickets are $7 per person with free entry for children 2 and under. Participants who bring a reusable water bottle to fill at water stations around the grounds will be entered into a raffle to win an eco kit. For more information, call (708) 361-1873 or visit the website at lakekatherine.org.
- Clissold LSC selects Marion
- Mystery of unicorn grows in community
- Felon arrested for sexual assault
- Stremplewski makes impact felt for Vikings
- Lynch leads Mt. Carmel past Montini
- St. Rita’s Milton to play in Blue-Grey All-American Bowl
- St. John Fisher Falcons improve to 3-0
- St. Ignatius regroups, rallies against Marian
- Team depth lifts Marist to 2nd place
- Alumni ready for reunion at St. Cajetan
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our news updates? Signup today!