Historical storyteller Lynn Rymarz will present “Julia Child: My Life in France,” on Tuesday, Nov. 12, from noon to 2 p.m., at The Center, 12700 Southwest Hwy., in Palos Park. Rymarz will dramatize how Child discovered her passion for cooking French food in her late 30s after she married Paul Child and moved to Paris. Rymarz will use Child’s words to describe the renowned chef’s love of French food and how she became determined to learn how to cook it. The presentation will illustrate her journey into French culture, including her visits to the local markets and her cooking classes at Le Cordon Bleu. Tickets are $24, and advance reservations are necessary. For more information, call (708) 361-3650.
- Local schools earn top CPS rating for quality
- Marist wins Super, eyes three-peat
- O’Brien’s INT helps spark Mt. Carmel
- Christ the King drops Gold Ball title game
- AndySunflower Cafe opens
- Customer robbed while filling up at gas station
- Officials close auto repair shop in Morgan Park
- Legacy of charity continues with ‘Kures for Kids’
- Marist falls in sectional final
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our news updates? Signup today!