Barrel of Monkeys (BOM) along with Night Out in the Parks will present an original sketch show, featuring adaptations of stories written during BOM’s creative writing residencies in Chicago elementary schools, on Tuesday, July 9, from 5 to 6 p.m., at McKiernan Park, 10714 S. Sawyer Ave. BOM’s ensemble of actors, comedians and musicians bring students’ stories to life as sketches, songs and movement pieces. These stories range from hilarious dialogues between unlikely characters to poignant pleas for social change, and they resonate with adults while celebrating the imagination of young people. This event is presented as a part of the city of Chicago’s Year of Chicago Theatre. Admission is free. For more information, visit the website at chicagoplays.com.
- Br. Rice H.S. announces changes
- Papa Hops honors area families
- Outing to honor famous boxer, aid foundation
- Newell excited to lead way for McAuley
- Little Company of Mary anticipates merger with OSF Healthcare
- Ridge-Beverly rallies to clinch district title
- CK Elementary breaks ground for CK2050
- Huge comeback helps EP to district championship
- Br. Rice grinds out wins to make state
- Community must confront racist propaganda
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our news updates? Signup today!