SouthWest Area Diaper Depository for Little Ends (SWADDLE), a Tinley Park not-for-profit diaper bank, together with St. Xavier University (SXU), St. Rita High School, Queen of Martyrs junior high students and youth ministry members, built the largest diaper cake out of 10,820 individual diapers on Oct. 6. The diapers were donated by SXU staff and faculty, Queen of Martyrs parish, and through SWADDLE’s recent Diaper Harvest. The St. Rita High School Student Government hosted a spirit day raising $1,227 that was used to purchase the rest of the diapers needed. The goal was to build a cake with 5,280 diapers (the number of feet in one mile). For more information, call (708) 705-5563 or visit swaddlediapers.org.
- Rice’s Fitzgerald brothers ready for college football
- Incredible changes happening at Mt. Carmel High School
- Rita’s Dunleavy slowed by ACL but not stopped
- LCMH breaks ground for new ER
- Galvin, Walsh power Vikings during summer
- Project preserves home, Rotary history
- Boxers get ready for big night at St. Cajetan
- Local law firm holding teacher gift card giveaway
- Bennett looks to build off big freshman year
- Lightfoot unveils budget at MPHS
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our news updates? Signup today!