Morgan Park High School (MPHS) senior Raven Smith (center) has taken Chicago by storm with her “Straight From the Go” campaign, which seeks to emphasize the positive aspects of Chicago. Smith has printed hundreds of shirts with the phrase, and she uses funds from their sales to donate to charitable causes. Recently, she presented a $250 check to Edgar Allan Poe Elementary Classical School, 10538 S. Langley Ave. Smith, who said the idea came to her while riding to school one day, doesn’t want Chicago to be known as “Chi-Raq,” a term that came about because of the violence that has occurred in the city. To purchase a shirt or donate to the cause, visit the Web site at straightfromthego.com.
- St. Laurence takes down Br. Rice
- Guest sisters savor varsity year together
- Dead Head plays lead for Rex grant to AND
- Effort to keep MetroSouth open goes on
- Odeluga makes impact for Mt. Carmel in Marist win
- Owolabi takes over for Macs in huge win
- Blue Island hospital suspends services
- St. Rita nabs key victory, moves to 3-3
- Library opens new chapter
- Bank robber suspected in two crimes
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our news updates? Signup today!