Playing in the Boys Junior Division of the Southwest Catholic Soccer Association championship, the St. Barnabas third- and fourth-grade soccer team prevailed with a 2-1 (PK) victory over St. Catherine to win the title. The Buckeyes finished the season 10-0-1. Midfielder Liam Hladik scored in regulation for St. Barnabas and knocked in the game-winning penalty kick after overtime. Brendan Reilly, Kobe Chancellor and Danny Barsch tallied a penalty kick each. The Buckeyes roster includes Barsch, Chancellor, Nicholas Collado, Sophia DeHoyos, Christian Dossous, Madison Finn, Bryce Frasure, Rory Griffin, Lucas Hennessy, Joseph Herber, Hladik, Liam McGrath, Cole Philcock, Reilly, Rafa Rivero, Julian Rojugbokan, Alexander Rom, Christopher Smith, Drago Sutalo, Kieran Towe, Jacob Velarde and Ethan Weekley. David Hladik and Eamon Reilly coach the team. (photo courtesy of St. Barnabas)
- Matt Hooker, 40, dedicated dad, coach, alumnus
- Bechina drafted by Oakland after emotional senior year
- St. Barnabas eighth-grade girls cap off great year
- Marist finishes 4th at state
- MetroSouth news shocks local residents, politicians
- Maple Tree Bistro on the boil
- Guest Viewpoint
- Sutherland wins CPS meet
- Gritty play lifts St. Rita to win for third place
- Local principals named to fellowship program
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our news updates? Signup today!