With a convincing home win on Jan. 21 over St. Francis de Sales, St. Laurence Coach George Shimko (left) won his 100th career girls basketball game. He won 59 games in four seasons at Queen of Peace and has built the Vikings program from the ground up since St. Laurence went co-ed. The milestone was his 10th win of the season and 41st overall with the Vikings. Enjoying the moment with Shimko is his son and assistant coach, Alex Shimko. Contributing to the win were Ashley Perez and Vanessa Casimiro, who scored 12 points apiece. (photo courtesy of George Shimko)
- Cupid’s arrow hits targets at County Fair
- Roche makes college choice for St. Thomas
- St. Rita football quintet signs letters
- Five champs lead Br. Rice to regional title
- Daniel ‘Duff’ Duffy, 65, father, friend, dancer
- Books to add more meaning to life of friend
- Keepsake gift brings past to life for man
- Illinois attorney general warns of phone, internet scams
- O’Shea testifies about CSX
- ‘Jambalaya Jam’ set for Feb. 24
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our news updates? Signup today!