Twin sisters Nina (left) and Nyiah Penny, seniors at De La Salle High School, signed their National Letter of Intent on Feb. 5 to continue their academic and volleyball careers at Indiana Tech University. A two-time All-Girls Catholic Athletic Conference-Red honoree, Nyiah led the Meteors with 224 kills and added 148 digs, 23 aces and 12 blocks. Nina was a key all-around contributor for De La Salle at setter and right side. The Meteors finished 31-7 this season, advancing to a Class 3A supersectional. The Penny sisters are from the Avalon Park neighborhood and attended St. Walter Elementary School in Morgan Park. Enjoying the moment with the girls is longtime De La Salle Coach Anna Marassa. (photo courtesy of De La Salle)
- MetroSouth site sold to company for health-care use
- Marist volleyball ready for state title defense
- Thursday Night Fights to benefit local charity
- Local legislators provide breakfast for health care workers
- Athletic directors take ‘wait & see’ approach
- ‘Unsung Heroine’ earns award
- Man arrested after police issue community alert
- South Side Golf Tour ready for 2nd season
- Guest Viewpoint-Local food pantry in urgent need
- Harris stays positive after NCAA called
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our news updates? Signup today!