Ben Sanchez (left) has been named the varsity wrestling coach at De La Salle Institute. Sanchez is a 2000 alumnus. He was an assistant at his alma mater from 2007-2009 and was also an assistant at Kelly High School (2004-2006). During his wrestling days at De La Salle, Sanchez was a three-time state qualifier and placed sixth at Class AA at 171 pounds in 1999. He was also a two-time Chicago Catholic League champion. Representing Mexico, Sanchez was a gold medalist in the 2000 Junior Olympics. Sanchez is seen here with De La Salle Athletic Director Tom White. (photo courtesy of De La Salle)
- Matt Hooker, 40, dedicated dad, coach, alumnus
- Bechina drafted by Oakland after emotional senior year
- St. Barnabas eighth-grade girls cap off great year
- Marist finishes 4th at state
- MetroSouth news shocks local residents, politicians
- Maple Tree Bistro on the boil
- Guest Viewpoint
- Sutherland wins CPS meet
- Gritty play lifts St. Rita to win for third place
- Curington wins state long jump for De La Salle
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our news updates? Signup today!