Ben Sanchez (left) has been named the varsity wrestling coach at De La Salle Institute. Sanchez is a 2000 alumnus. He was an assistant at his alma mater from 2007-2009 and was also an assistant at Kelly High School (2004-2006). During his wrestling days at De La Salle, Sanchez was a three-time state qualifier and placed sixth at Class AA at 171 pounds in 1999. He was also a two-time Chicago Catholic League champion. Representing Mexico, Sanchez was a gold medalist in the 2000 Junior Olympics. Sanchez is seen here with De La Salle Athletic Director Tom White. (photo courtesy of De La Salle)
- St. Laurence takes down Br. Rice
- Guest sisters savor varsity year together
- Dead Head plays lead for Rex grant to AND
- Effort to keep MetroSouth open goes on
- Odeluga makes impact for Mt. Carmel in Marist win
- Owolabi takes over for Macs in huge win
- Blue Island hospital suspends services
- St. Rita nabs key victory, moves to 3-3
- Daniel Swift, 15, student at Lindblom High School
- Bank robber suspected in two crimes
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our news updates? Signup today!