Br. Rice 73, Marist 65 (OT)
The 29th meeting of rivals Br. Rice and Marist on January 17 did not disappoint as the host Crusaders defeated the RedHawks 73-65 in overtime in front of a packed house. Rice seniors Mike Shepski (29 points) and Josh Niego (26 points) paced the Crusaders, who snapped Marist's undefeated season. The RedHawks had won 19 straight games to start the season. Justin Brown (19 points, 19 rebounds), Morgan Taylor (20 points) and Maurice Commander (12 points) led Marist in the loss.
Check back next week for our full story of the exciting showdown for the Battle of Pulaski!
- Tracy drafted by USHL’s Sioux City
- Students respond to crisis in 3-D
- Burns, St. Rita left to wonder about lost year
- CHSAS grows despite closure of annual sale
- Draft pick, McGrath chases hockey dream
- Neighbors unite to form 19th Ward Mutual Aid
- Wozniak stars in ‘Last Dance’
- Service on sub provides perspective
- Marist seniors celebrate with a virtual National Signing Day ceremony
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our news updates? Signup today!