The Chicago Rocks girls basketball team, which has a strong representation from St. Christina Elementary School, hosted a “Dunk a Small-Business Owner” fundraiser at Mt. Greenwood Park on May 1, with all attendees smiling and enjoying the event—even if they were soaked. Those braving the dunk tank included The Plug T-Shirt Store Owner Dave Burchett, S&T Provisions Owner Brian Giaretta, Diggity Dogs Owner Lisa Kazimierczuk, Gyros Grill Owner George Karuntzos and The Beverly Review Editor Kyle Garmes. About $3,000 was raised, with The Plug presenting a check for $500. Barraco’s, Bespoke Fence, Avance Warehouse, and Lorenz and Sellis Realty also supported the event. The Plug, 3652 W. 111th St., recently began a “Plug Bucks” discount program that includes several local businesses. For more information, call The Plug at (773) 980-1108. (Review photos)
- Marist, Mother McAuley make history at Soldier Field
- Case sets tone for Marist
- Carjacking suspect in custody; vehicles recovered
- Pochie dominates; Vikings roll to regional
- Mt. Carmel beats St. Rita with homer
- McAuley finds team rhythm later in season
- Marian senior redefines ‘last’
- Throwback Thursdays provide fun for families
- EP unveils new softball, baseball fields
- Office hosts ‘Community Kindness’
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our news updates? Signup today!