To benefit girls at Mercy Home’s Margaret Walsh Girls Campus in Morgan Park, Dr. Femi Skanes, a Beverly resident, and a group of volunteers worked to assemble gift bags that they delivered to the campus on Dec. 14. The gifts for the girls included pajamas, shoes, lip gloss, journals, lotions, a throw and other personal items. Skanes and two other volunteers organized the project on behalf of three organizations that focus on youth development and teen girl empowerment. They include two non-profit organizations, Live Life and YM3, and Leadership EDGE, LLC. All three women leading those groups have teenage daughters, and they involved the teens in the project to encourage the ideal of service to others. The women have organized similar projects to help others during the holidays.
- Finn celebrates retirement with family
- Ag school welcomes arrival of newborns
- Rusch, 28, lived life with heart of a champion
- O’Shea resolution calls for departure of city postmaster
- Biros continues history of success
- Harrell, Br. Rice defeat rival Marist
- McDonald, Wolfpack roll past Mighty Macs
- UPS driver aids co-worker after auto accident
- Walker enjoys return to court for McAuley
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our news updates? Signup today!