KimmyKakes, 10225 S. Western Ave., hosted a ribbon cutting on April 8, about one month after the bakery and cafe opened. Owner Kim Mesa joined Morgan Park Beverly Hills Business Association President Deb Gawrys, 19th Ward Ald. Matt O’Shea and Mesa’s husband, Jose, at the celebration, along with her family. The menu at KimmyKakes includes cakes, cheesecakes, cupcakes, kolaches, lemon bars, salads, sandwiches, smoothies, shakes, tea and other drinks. A new savory menu includes Cuban sandwiches, as Jose is from Cuba. Catering is available. Kim Mesa, of Ashburn, said the business started with selling cheesecakes to Whole Foods and providing catering services. KimmyKakes is open Monday-Saturday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m., and hours may change as the economy re-opens during the pandemic. For more information, call (773) 629-8711 or visit chicagocheesecakes.com. (Review photos)
- Flanigan stars at 3B for Br. Rice in streak
- Marist continues rolling in hot start
- St. Rita wins road matchup at Br. Rice
- Gerami goal seals victory for St. Ignatius
- Local resident killed in accident on Western Ave.
- ‘Multitaskers’ to celebrate colorful debut
- Papa Hops 16-inch Softball Tournament set for return
- St. Laurence sweeps series over Caravan
- Br. Rice builds as entire roster makes varsity debut
- Bojan, Dunning star in Marist win
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our news updates? Signup today!