Barrel of Monkeys (BOM) along with Night Out in the Parks will present an original sketch show, featuring adaptations of stories written during BOM’s creative writing residencies in Chicago elementary schools, on Tuesday, July 9, from 5 to 6 p.m., at McKiernan Park, 10714 S. Sawyer Ave. BOM’s ensemble of actors, comedians and musicians bring students’ stories to life as sketches, songs and movement pieces. These stories range from hilarious dialogues between unlikely characters to poignant pleas for social change, and they resonate with adults while celebrating the imagination of young people. This event is presented as a part of the city of Chicago’s Year of Chicago Theatre. Admission is free. For more information, visit the website at chicagoplays.com.
- Robb, 49, battled cancer with humor, spirit of survivor
- Butcher, Mt. Carmel defeat Marist
- Butterfield, 64, another chapter of family’s story
- Austin earns All-American honors
- Close friends of Butterfield turn out to be extraordinary
- Crusaders senior Murphy signs NLI, picks Ripon College
- Burke wins EP mayoral race; Bilotto ousts Vargas in Blue Island
- KimmyKakes celebrates opening
- Football Roundup: EP ground game powers victory
- Jones powers De La Salle past Ignatius
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our news updates? Signup today!