Morgan Park High School (MPHS) senior Raven Smith (center) has taken Chicago by storm with her “Straight From the Go” campaign, which seeks to emphasize the positive aspects of Chicago. Smith has printed hundreds of shirts with the phrase, and she uses funds from their sales to donate to charitable causes. Recently, she presented a $250 check to Edgar Allan Poe Elementary Classical School, 10538 S. Langley Ave. Smith, who said the idea came to her while riding to school one day, doesn’t want Chicago to be known as “Chi-Raq,” a term that came about because of the violence that has occurred in the city. To purchase a shirt or donate to the cause, visit the Web site at straightfromthego.com.
- Marist, Mother McAuley make history at Soldier Field
- Case sets tone for Marist
- Carjacking suspect in custody; vehicles recovered
- Pochie dominates; Vikings roll to regional
- Mt. Carmel beats St. Rita with homer
- McAuley finds team rhythm later in season
- Marian senior redefines ‘last’
- Throwback Thursdays provide fun for families
- EP unveils new softball, baseball fields
- Office hosts ‘Community Kindness’
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our news updates? Signup today!