Prescribed burn at Hurley Park nature area
A prescribed burn was held at Hurley Park, 1901 W. 100th St., on Tuesday, March 28 in the nature area of the park—the Hurley Oak Woodland.
According to the Chicago Park District website, prescribed burn management is utilized in Chicago Park District Natural Areas to achieve several objectives including reducing the spread of weeds and undesirable woody vegetation; promoting the growth of native plants; enriching and returning nutrients back to the soil by burning off dead vegetation on the ground and encouraging plant germination by allowing sunlight to warm the soil. (Review video)
- Nauden walk-off lifts Br. Rice to state
- Rogers, Marist win supersectional, heading back to state
- Parishes take new name after merging
- Crime topic at local meeting
- Roche Foundation warns about fentanyl
- Pat Mac Ride sets course for charity
- Olson dominates win in sectional semifinal
- Kelleher, De La Salle grow with young roster
- Van Assen powers Br. Rice past St. Rita
- Shooting in Alsip leaves woman dead
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular commented articles.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our news updates? Signup today!