Competing at the Class 2A South Shore sectional, Chicago High School for Agricultural Sciences (CHSAS) runners Caitlin Bitunjac and Natalie Montenez made program history by becoming the first Cyclones track-and-field athletes to qualify for the state meet since 2010. Bitunjac, a senior, blew away the field in the 3,200-meter run, finishing first (13:06.21) to qualify, 37 seconds ahead of the second-place finisher. Montenez, a junior, finished second in the 800-meter run (2:44.90), qualifying under the state cut. CHSAS finished in eighth place (30 points) at the 13-team meet. The Class 2A state finals will be held June 11 at Eastern Illinois University (photos courtesy of Jeff Niemiec)
- Marist, Mother McAuley make history at Soldier Field
- Case sets tone for Marist
- Carjacking suspect in custody; vehicles recovered
- Pochie dominates; Vikings roll to regional
- Mt. Carmel beats St. Rita with homer
- McAuley finds team rhythm later in season
- Marian senior redefines ‘last’
- Throwback Thursdays provide fun for families
- EP unveils new softball, baseball fields
- Office hosts ‘Community Kindness’
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our news updates? Signup today!